The average cost of replacing a windshield in Canada ranges between $190-$400. Just like in the USA, this cost is dependent on the type of vehicle as well as the type of windshield that would need repairing. Vehicles that have sensors in the windshield will certainly cost more to replace than one that doesn’t have those sensors. Also, a luxury vehicle might cost more to repair than a cheaper model vehicle.
The best way to get a Good Price in Canada
One of the best ways to get a good price on windshield replacement in Canada is by grouping together with friends or colleagues and then choosing an auto glass repair company and ask for a group discount. Of course, this might require that you would have to wait until you get a certain number of people, but most companies are likely to give discount to groups more than individuals.
Choosing the right replacement or repair service
It will definitely be in your best interest to try to get quotes from the various places that offer windshield replacement.
– Don’t just call or visit only one auto-glass repair place.
– Prices are usually competitive and some places will definitely be more affordable than others.
– You can query your local mechanic as well as the nation-wide auto repair companies.
– Compare their prices as well as the time it would take them to replace a windshield and then choose the one that suits you the best.
The top three in Canada
Based on customer ratings, the top 3 glass replacement service in Canada seems to be CalAlta Auto Glass, Crystal Glass Canada and Speedy Glass.
1) CalAlta Auto Glass Ltd has been the winners of the Consumer Choice Award in Canada for the past 12 years. They also have a 4.5 star rating on the internet which speaks to the fact that their customers seems to be very satisfied.
2) Crystal Glass has more than 60 years of experience in the auto glass replacement business and we all know that nothing beats experience. They have over 50 locations in Canada which means they are easily accessible people across the country.
3) Speedy Glass has more than 140 service centers across Canada so they are never far from you. They have also established relationships with most insurance companies which allows them to manage your insurance claim issues, making it very convenient and hassle-free to do business with them.
Cost of Windshield repair
Windshield replacement cost in Canada varies for each person and with each method used to replace a windshield.
For instance, if you are gifted with some car repair skills, you could buy a new windshield for about $150-$325 and replace the windshield yourself. Of course, most of us are not gifted in that department so we might be required to spend a little more than the above price ranging from about $190-$400.
The cost of windshield repair also includes the cost of the materials needed to replace the windshield. Therefore a cheap imported windshield will cost less than one that’s made from superior products. Also the adhesive used to put the windshield in place will also be priced based on its quality. In this case, cheaper definitely wouldn’t be better since no one wants to be driving around with a windshield that could come loose and cause an accident.
Most auto replacement companies also offer mobile repairs where they come to you and replace your windshield instead of you having to go to them which might mean finding time out of your busy schedule. You might be required to pay a little extra for the mobile service but some companies provide that service for free so it would be good to call around and query if such service is available and if there is any additional cost.
Auto Insurance coverage in Canada
If you have a comprehensive insurance coverage on your vehicle, chances are that you are covered for windshield replacement or repairs. With some insurance coverage, you can repair your car without having to pay money out of our pocket while with others it’s the complete opposite.
– In some cases for instance, your insurance deductible might cost $500 and your windshield repair cost is $280 and you would have to pay that cost out of your pocket since the cost for the repair is less that your deductible amount. – In other cases, claiming for that sort of repair on your insurance could be as high as $800 or more.
While in some instances you could easily pay an affordable out of pocket expense and get your windshield replaced without making a claim with your insurance company. It would therefore be in your best interest to do your due diligence and choose the best option for you.
Windshield replacement cost in Canada will be dependent on you and your choices. You can choose and insurance coverage that will allow that kind of repair for little or no money or you can pay it out of your pocket. In either case, it’s best to shop around so that you can compare and contrast the cost and quality of windshield replacement services and choose the option that’s best for you.